This Chairman shall make contributions from the Woman’s Club of Fayetteville, NC, Inc. to selected charities and present reports and recommendations to the Executive Board.
Duties are outlined in Article IV, Section 6 of the By-Laws. Prior to proceeding with these duties, this committee shall overview all ledger accounts of the past year to determine and evaluate financial strengths and weaknesses, and after a determination of availability of required funds, recommend to the Executive Board feasibility of expenditures for anticipated major repairs, maintenance and operational requirements.
This Chairman shall, at the request of the President or the Board of Trustees, be responsible for notifying all the Woman’s Club of Fayetteville, NC, Inc. members of various needs of the Woman’s Club of Fayetteville, NC, Inc. such as reminders of scheduled and new special events, the need for participation in emergency projects, illness of a member or death of a family member.
This chairman shall coordinate decorations for other special events with the recommendations from the Chairmen of each event.
Heritage Square Archives
This Chairman shall assume accountability and control of all historical documents and public records of the Woman’s Club of Fayetteville, NC, Inc. and Heritage Square. These include, but are not limited to:
- Awards, minutes, certain artifacts, press books, citations, printed books, costumes, property inventory lists, grants, tapes, slides, projectors, screens, historical documents, treasurer’s ledgers, receipts, insurance policies and yearbooks. She shall also present archives reports and recommendations to the Executive Board.
- The archives shall be secure under lock and key. Withdrawal and return accountability will be controlled by a logbook.
Heritage Square Preservation
To insure proper effective preservation of Heritage Square property, this Chairman shall assume responsibility for the following:
- Continuously observing and evaluating the overall structure and condition of buildings, inside and outside decorations, installed equipment and appliances, all furnishings, and major landscaping conditions and requirements and the acquisition of additions, replacements and repairs to this property.
- Acquisitions of additions, replacements and repairs to audio-visual equipment supplies, office equipment, costumes, etc.
- Maintenance of a perpetual inventory list of all properties. (A copy of this list will be furnished to the Board of Trustees.)
- Conduct an inventory of all properties to be accomplished annually in September prior to the Board of Trustees evaluation meeting with the President. Insurance policies covering Heritage Square properties will be reviewed annually prior to renewal.
- All records generated and maintained by the Preservation Committee shall be turned over to the Archives Chairman for permanent retention.
- Presentation of reports and recommendations regarding all preservation activities of a major nature to the Executive Board for approval prior to action.
Heritage Square Tour Guides
This Chairman shall be responsible for the following:
- Be responsible for all tours and tour luncheons when necessary and make arrangements with the Special Events Chairman for food to be served.
- Recruit and train docents to assist with guided tours, Open House, and other Woman’s Club of Fayetteville, NC, Inc. social events.
- Refer to the Executive Board recommendations for equipment and aids for promoting tourism – video tapes, recordings, slides, brochures, costumes, etc. (Such items will be kept in the archives or the Woman’s Club of Fayetteville, NC, Inc. office.)
- Request action and interaction of all committee chairmen, when necessary, for specific events – such necessities as beautification of the grounds and decorating the premises; work closely with the Heritage Square Preservation Committee.
- Present reports and recommendations to the Executive Board.
This Chairman shall:
- Appoint a Hostess Chairman for each monthly Friday General Meeting luncheon beginning in June. These eleven monthly hostesses shall be on the committee planning the May annual luncheon.
- Hold an annual orientation meeting of the eleven (11) Hostesses Chairmen (in the latter part of May, or not later than mid-June) for the purpose of familiarizing them with procedures and requirements of their duties, such as selecting menus, preparation of food, serving food, decorating the dining room and cleanup. Instruct Hostess Chairmen to accomplish the above duties through their committee members.
- Instruct all Luncheon Committee Members to keep grocery receipts and to give signed receipts to the Treasurer.
- Maintain the standing reservation list.
- All hostesses and their committee members are to be responsible for complete c cleanup of the kitchen and serving areas.
This Chairman shall:
- Be guided by the Constitution and By-Laws.
- Received all renewal membership dues prior to and at the May Luncheon.
- Maintain a list of names, addresses and telephone numbers of the current membership. This is to be given to the Treasurer.
- Encourage former members to renew membership early to assure their names appear in the current yearbook.
- Present prospective members’ names to the Executive Board for approval. This is done after prospective member is recommended by two active members.
- Formally notify a new member of acceptance. Send a written note of telephone them with a friendly welcome and answer any questions they may have.
- Present and welcome new members at the General Meeting.
- Notify the President of the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all new members. This should be done prior to the first day of the month so that this can be published in the President’s newsletter.
- Check the areas of interest of the new member and introduce them to the various chairmen of compatible committees. Give new member(s) information to committee chairmen to get them involved in those committee meetings.
- Keep record of members’ involvement in committees and fundraisers to fulfill the requirements of an ACTIVE member. Members who are recorded as ACTIVE and who do not or cannot participate as ACTIVE members will have their status changed to Friends of Heritage Square in the next Directory.
Events and Fundraisers
Committee Chairmen shall meet monthly with committee members to present and discuss recommendations for upcoming fundraisers. An estimated tally of expenses that might be incurred for each fundraiser is to be presented to the Executive Board for approval.
(Active members are required to participate on at least one committee.)